Wikidata Wahldaten Workshop
Learn Wikidata through open election data.
- Date: 30th September 2017, 14-18 Uhr
- Location: Wikimedia Österreich Office - Stolzenthalergasse 7/1, 1080 Wien
- Language: English
- Workshop Facilitator: Jean-Frédéric Berthelot, Stefan Kasberger, Peter Grassberger, Tobias Schönberg, Simeona
- Etherpad: for documentation and communication during the workshop
- No entrance fee
- Meetup Event
Two weeks before the Austrian parliamantary elections (Nationalratswahl 2017) we want to introduce Wikidata through election data. Wikidata is a free knowledge-database for machines as for humans, and a new project by the Wikimedia Foundation (the organisation behind Wikipedia). This will be especially interesting for you, if you are a Wikidata newbie and if you like elections.
We will give a basic introduction into Wikidata and the state of election-related entities in it. After this, we split up in two groups. One for total beginners in Wikidata and elections, one into more experienced people in elections and with some basic experience with programming and/or data-handling. The second one is especially focussed on data-journalists, researchers, election-nerds and others who work with election-related information.
RegistrationTo register, you only have to write an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The number of participants is limited to 20 (first come, first serve). There is no entrance fee.
Preparation / RequirementsThere are no general requirements. Please bring your laptop with a power supply with you. There is also a GitHub repository with all kinds of information around open election data and Wikidata in Austria, if you would like to dive a little bit into it by yourself.
Show bigger map
- Introduction Round
- Introduction Wikidata (Jean-Frédéric Berthelot)
- Wikidata and elections (Stefan Kasberger)
- Workshop pt. I: Beginners and election-nerd group
- Workshop pt. II: Beginners and election-nerd group